I generally try to steer clear of stock images where possible. But, stock images can be the perfect way to get your website up and running. Especially if you’re a new business since it’s cost effective.
If you want to really make an impact it can be better to use original high-quality photos. I can help you with this by introducing you to one of my specialist website photography partners.
However, if you do want to stick with stock photos here are some of the best websites for free and paid stock images:
1. www.stocksnap.io – this is one of my more recent discoveries and has a wide range of high quality and high-resolution photos. The website also features a handy search bar that can help you find exactly what you want.
2. www.styledstock.co – this stock photo website is quite different in that it specialises in ‘feminine stock photography’. If you operate a beauty or health-focused business this may be perfect for you.
3. www.gettyimages.co.uk – this by far is one of the biggest archives of stock photos available on the internet right now and has been around since 1995.
4. www.unsplash.com – this photo-sharing website has 100,000s of royalty-free photos for you to pick from. Unplash has over 110,000 contributors to the website! P.s. It’s my favourite free stock image website.
5. www.shutterstock.com – chances are you’ve heard of Shutterstock. It’s unsurprising since they have an eye-watering 235 million stock photos and videos for users to pick from.
6. www.pexels.com – created under the shared creative content license, Pexels make it easy for users to navigate through their huge library of stock photos to find the perfect one for your website.
7. www.burst.shopify.com – this is a stock photo resource from e-commerce giant Shopify that was created with the intention of helping business owners like yourself create better websites by including photos that were related to your specific niche.
8. www.foodiesfeed.com – if your business is based in the food sector or you’re a food blogger this is the perfect resource for you. There are 1000s of high-resolution food images to captivate your website visitors.
If you’re considering your new website design or looking to update your website’s current imagery, this list should help. On the other hand, if you want original photography of your team, offices and your work me and my pro photographers can help you.