If you’re working with a new WordPress website design agency, or just need to give a member of your team access to your WordPress website this guide will show you exactly how to do so.
How to add a user to your WordPress website
1. Go to your WordPress admin login page, login and head for the WordPress dashboard
2. Click “Users” in the left sidebar
3. Click the “Add new” button towards the top of the page.
4. Enter a username and email for your new user. *Note the other fields are optional.
5. Create a secure password for the new user by clicking “Show password” and entering your chosen password.
6. Ensure the “Send the new user a notification…” button checked if you’d like the new user to receive an email about their new WordPress access.
7. Choose the level of access you’d like the new user to receive by altering the “Role”. The administrator role gives the user access to all areas of the website and all editing capabilities. *If you’re working with Semibold choose administrator.
8. Click the “Add new user” button and you’re ready to go!
What role should you assign to your new user?
The highest form of access, an administrator user as access to edit all areas and functions of the WordPress website.
An editor can add and edit posts made by themselves and other users.
An author can add their own posts but cannot edit the posts of other’s.
A contributor can add and manage their own posts but cannot publish the posts, the posts must be published by a user with a more advanced role.
A subscriber can manage their own profile.